Debevoise & Plimpton / The Debevoise Emerging Markets Legal Symposium
Please join us for a day of discussions, during which members of the global Debevoise team will facilitate conversations around a range of international issues facing senior lawyers active in emerging markets, as well as issues we expect to be important in the near term.
The sessions will be aimed at senior lawyers (both in-house and from local/regional firms) with an interest in emerging markets, and will be followed by a dinner.
Topics will include:
- Private equity-specific issues, covering fund structures, governance issues, and subscription facilities
- Insurance deal trends, bancassurance deals, and regulatory pinch points
- General M&A topics, including compliance provisions, trends in shareholder agreements, and latest trends in lock-box structures
- Tax issues, including the impact of the BEPS regime
- Compliance and disputes topics, including investor-state dispute trends, anti-bribery and corruption issues, sanctions compliance and enforcement trends, and data protection issues.
- A full and detailed programme will be available nearer to the date.
- This is the second year we have held the Emerging Markets Legal Symposium and the link here provides a synopsis of the key takeaways from last year
9:00am Registration and refreshments
1:00pm Hot buffet lunch
5:30pm Symposium closes
7:00pm Drinks reception followed by dinner
Debevoise & Plimpton
65 Gresham Street
In relation to UK CPD points, you can record 5.5 hours in respect of your attendance. As per the SRA’s current learning and development regime, which no longer requires solicitors to complete a set number of CPD hours, we can no longer formally award CPD points for attendance at our client seminars.
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP has been accredited by the New York State and California State Continuing Legal Education Boards as a provider of continuing legal education. The program is being held with the intention that its attendees qualify for 5.5 General CLE credits for their participation.