Round Table Session Legal technology landscape for in-house departments
Round Table Session
Legal technology landscape for in-house departments
Wednesday 28 November 2018, Hyderabad
10:00am – 10:20am Registration
10:20am – 11:30am Panel session: Technology & In-house departments– understanding the key ingredients to successful adoption and roll-out
- What are the challenges in-house departments are looking to solve through technology?
- Identifying the primary tools being adopted by in-house departments
- What are the drivers for success (and reasons for failure) when it comes to department wide technology adoption?
- What are the key benefits of becoming a tech enabled legal department?
Vikas Vij, Managing Director, IDEX Legal
Shujath Bin Ali, Senior Director- Legal & Risk Management & Company secretary
G. Phani Kumar, Lead Counsel-South Asia, Corteva AgriscienceTM, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont E.I. DuPont India Private Limited.
Amit Sethi, Account Manager – Legal Online & Solutions, Thomson Reuters
11:30am – 11:45am Morning tea and refreshments
11:45am – 12:30pm Digital Research / Practice Management: Tools for driving business success within in-house departments
Here we focus on the Thomson Reuters suite of products corporate lawyers around the world have been using to drive efficiencies up and costs down within their departments. In particular there will be a focus on:
- Westlaw: An online multi jurisdictional legal research service for lawyers and legal professionals which uses the current version of the law with proprietary editorial enhancements for cases, legislations with access to more than 1200 journals.
- Practical Law: Created for transactional lawyers; Practical Law is an online global know-how service that helps lawyers perform more efficiently and quickly. Practical Law gives access to practice notes that offer how-to guidance, standard documents that provide a better starting point, current awareness emails that keep lawyers up to date, plus more.
- Data Privacy Advisor: Data Privacy Advisor combines best-in-class content including data privacy guidance from Practical Law; global legal and regulatory information; and news and current awareness to help you monitor the market, identify which rules and regulations to apply, and detect, prevent, and respond to data privacy issues. All with a system that gets smarter the more you use it.
- Contract Express: Contract Express is much more than just legal document automation software. It uses intuitive questionnaire technology for fast and accurate document drafting and enables firms to offer innovative client facing services. It quickly automates contracts you frequently use, increasing productivity by reducing steps in the drafting process. Users generate these draft documents by filling out web-based forms called questionnaires.
Sumitro Chatterjee, Client Specialist and Training, Thomson Reuters
12:30pm – 13.30pm Lunch and close
For more information on the roundtable please contact Sunayana Shaikh on firstname.lastname@example.org