Current openings in IDEX Legal
Conference Producer – IDEX Legal Division
The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic, fast growing international conference and exhibitions business. He or she will be a core part of the business responsible for developing, coordinating and executing international standard online and offline events focused on the legal and compliance segments in India and globally.
Working as part of the team, you will have responsibility for overseeing and expanding our core conference and training platforms (6-8 conference programmes per annum) pan India and overseas. Responsibility and encouragement will also be given to idea generation in terms of developing new knowledge platforms, new delivery structures and new content. Critical to your role of developing industry leading knowledge platforms will be the ability to conduct PRIMARY and SECONDARY industry research and analysis and develop a bank of senior level contacts in order to get to the pulse of the communities we serve.
Excellent written, oral and aural communications are essential as you will be responsible for collating the primary and secondary research and turning that into breakthrough conferences and seminars with further responsibility for acquiring high calibre global speakers from academia, business and industry to lead the discussions at our platforms.
You will also be responsible for writing informative, value-add copy for the conference programme, event website and marketing campaigns and ensuring the event is well supported and endorsed by leading industry partners.
In addition to the above the key skill sets you will have:
1). Good commercial acumen – spot an idea and understand how to make it financially viable
2). Excellent research skills – of an investigative journalist nature
3). Very good phone skills – as you will be talking to CEO/ MD, Managing Partner, General Counsel, CFO’s and Director level executives for your research
4). Excellent writing skills – for developing the agenda and writing copy for public and media distribution and also creating email marketing messages for the database that are not dull and repetitive
5). Good project / team management skills – you will be overseeing a small team over a course of 3 months for each project you undertake
6). Openness to constructive feedback and ability to learn quickly on the job.
7). An ability to think for oneself, to work to goals and deadlines is a must.
This is a key appointment which incorporates research, product development and speaker negotiation within a project management role. If you’re ready to change the world, one idea at a time then welcome to The Ideas Exchange – we’d be delighted to have you on board.
You are a focal part of the business responsible for communicating what we at IDEX Legal believe about industry challenges and problems. The candidate must have a minimum of three years conference and events experience
demonstrating strong results and improvements to the organisations media, marketing and branding position.
Team building and management skills are imperative as you will be working with 1-2 designers who will ultimately report into you.
You are responsible for managing the:
– IDEX Legal events marketing
– IDEX Legal consultancy forum
A good telephone manner and command of written English is vital, as well as good oral English. The candidate must have a professional demeanour and be able to communicate with senior executives (including CEO’s and Chairman) in a responsible manner as you represent our company at the frontline with clients. This role is for individuals motivated by forming long-term relationships with leading media and association partners both domestically and internationally and indirectly generating significant revenues for the company and themselves. With the help of the company’s excellent events portfolio, the candidate will be focused on two main areas:
a). Raising the profile and brand equity of the company, The Ideas Exchange, within the Indian and international market
b). Increasing the profile and market spread of our events (conferences and exhibitions) again within India and overseas
This will be done largely through developing and managing media relationships e.g. with newspapers and legal journals such as Mint, Economic Times, India Business Law Journal etc as well as through partnering with relevant trade associations and managing our online presence via web portals and networking sites like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Blogs.
Other responsibilities include:
- strong management & motivational skills as you will be overseeing a team of marketing executives and designers
- oversee the company’s social media and wider marketing strategy
- track marketing activities and timely reporting of results achieved
- perform market research and competitive analysis and adapt marketing strategy accordingly
- strong communication & analytical skills
- design & visual creation skills
- sales skills / entrepreneurial spirit
- launch a successful marketing action for new services and solutions
- comfortable working in a lean, start-up environment where thinking ‘out of the box’ is strongly encouraged
- ability to be independent , creative and run with things while keeping everyone inside and outside the company in the loop
- effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format
- excels at research, possesses excellent writing skills and the ability to crank editorial and writing output
Social Media Key skill sets:
- experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities
- monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to increasing the use of social media.
- experience with setting up Facebook pages and generating conversations that surround our content and brand, be a mediator for our forums by answering questions, engaging in conversations and representing the positive, fun face of the brand
- experience with setting up Twitter accounts, in writing effective and punchy Tweets, setting up LinkedIn Company pages and creating YouTube channels
- stay up to date on new social media tools, best practices and how other organizations and companies are using them
IDEX Legal Event Marketing Coordination
- devise and manage design and advertising concepts for each event
- edit, write and proof marketing copy
- run PR campaigns – at least 1 published PR article per event
- develop, make the most of and nurture relationships with our partners
- develop relationships with EP’s, sponsors, endorsers and exhibitors
- assist with sponsor branding at events
- use sponsors’ marketing channels (web, newsletters, databases)
IDEX Legal Consulting Coordination
- work to provide marketing expertise to ILC clients
- preparations for submissions for top legal ranking directories and the end to end coordination with their respective researchers as the client’s representatives
- looking after their LinkedIn page with regularly posting articles and making sure that the page gets enough traffic
- Advise clients on branding side which includes website, brochures and their marketing material to ensure they are positioned well
- Send regular reports to client about work